These annual flu vaccinations,… they are the worst. I finally got mine after attempting to go to the clinic a third time. The previous times? Turned away because it was their monthly training day and the second time was because immunizations close at 1400 and I showed at 1405 (for the record, I didn’t know they closed at that time :P). Got it Friday, woke up stuffed up on Saturday (booooooo).
But, after making 2 cups of tasty lemon+honey+ginger tea, I was feeling better. AND since it was Saturday, it was time to get out of da house (of course once I finished my ACSC paper). ACSC paper done, and it was time to hit da beach!
My buddy picked me up and we all headed over to Sandys for some body surfing. The waves were pretty big, but not too bad. It was my first time body surfing and I learned one major thing. Ya gotta wear the right suit! I caught a big wave, but the wave caught my bottoms. Oops.
Any who, the day was pretty awesome although all crevasses had sand stuffed in them (which I am still cleaning out today). Yes, I used the word crevasse, ha!
So, this week’s food…
Because I was feeling a little poopy, I started looking up some chicken soup recipes and found Paleoaholic’s Buffalo Chicken Soup. Mmmmmm, yea, it’s pretty awesome.
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 4 Organic chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp Organic chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp Organic raw honey
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 cup Franks red hots sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp onion powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ Tbsp fresh parsley
- ½ Tbsp chives
- ½ Tbsp dried dill
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Using a large stock pot, add 8 cups of water, cauliflower and chicken breast.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Once chicken is cooked remove and set aside.
- Add coconut milk, chicken stock, spices, honey, and franks red hot sauce.
- Use a stick blender and puree.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and add to the pot.
- Chop the celery and onion and add to the pot
- Stir in the parsley, chives and cilantro and simmer for 20 min.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Thanks for reading!