Ok, so…. I am finally settled!
Well, sort of.
I have moved into my new condo in Waikiki. Seriously, I live in Waikiki… I live in WAIKIKI! I have found somewhat of a routine (I have a new CF box, started the new job, and figured out the best routes to be the most efficient with my time).
Why do I mention about “best routes?” Oh, that is because the traffic on this island is re-donk-u-luss. I got caught in the worst rush hour traffic a couple weeks ago… 1 hr to drive 15 miles. Gross. Never again if I can avoid it. I would rather sit at work another hour so that the commute is only 20 mins than leave early and sit in traffic for an hour.
Any who… today’s food I’d like to share was surprisingly super easy to make! I’m not sure why I thought frittatas were time consuming, they really aren’t. I think I spent a total of 25 mins to make the one above.
For this, I used a 12in cast iron skillet.
1 dozen eggs
1 16oz thing of sausage (I used chicken)
1 bag of spinach
10-12 cherry tomatoes (sliced)
1 Tbsp garlic (minced)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl.
3. Heat the cast iron skillet at med/med high and add the olive oil.
4. Add sausage and cook until almost fully cooked.
5. Add spinach and stir into the sausage to cook down.
6. Once the spinach is cooked down, add eggs but don’t stir it in. Just let it fill in the spaces around the cooked sausage and spinach. Lift the edges with a spatula often to prevent burning on the bottom.
7. Once the eggs are set (not fully cooked) add tomatoes on top and put into the oven until the eggs are cooked on top.
8. Remove, slice, and dig in!
You can use any other veggies (mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, etc), just make sure you cook them down first before adding the eggs.
Not sure if anyone is actually reading this (well, partially because I only have two postings and I am far from being famous at anything) BUT if you did take the time to read… THANK YOU!